Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission
July 2009 - December 2010

Nasinu 1st Ward

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bula Vinaka!

I can't describe how busy Mom and I have been over the last three weeks. This is like a dream to me that so much has happened in such a short time. Thank you for your e-mails they sustain us durring this transition in our lives.
To say I have grown to love the Fijian people so much is an understatement. They have the softest sensitive side humanity has to offer. On the other side they at times are hard to deal with because they are so laied back! When I was given my assingnment of being over mission finances, cars, and flats I was shell shocked. As you know my least favorite thing in life to do is office busy work and accounting. So getting trained by the service center staff has been a challange. When I ask a question I think I get an answer but as I implement what I'am told They say I need to do it another way! Oh well I will soon get things down.
My days are filled with constant phone calls concerning car crashes, vehicle break downs, flats getting changed, apartments needing washers fixed or Elders wanting to re locate.
Mom has offered to step in and help pay all of the bills for the mission and that in and of it's self is a huge relief.
But strange as it seems the Lord has filled my frustration with a sence of peace and calm. I have learned to rely more on the spirit in the last three weeks than any other time in my life. I know we are being blessed as a family and I would not trade where I am for all the would.