Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission
July 2009 - December 2010

Nasinu 1st Ward

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Neelam's Baptism



Getting Me Dressed in my Saree.  
Neelam made a special request that I wear a "Saree" for her Baptism.  She helped me pick it out at Jack's, of course.  At first it looked like nothing but a large piece of fabric.  After much, wrapping, tucking and pinning it ended up looking pretty good!  Neelum's oldest Son asked  Elder Seare if we had an arranged Marriage or a Love Marriage.  When he told him it was a Love Marriage, he asked how we met.  Dave told him.  He told Dave that he must have been able to look into the future and see me in my Sarree which made him fall in love with me!  He told me I looked very NICE!  
The Girls loved helping dress me.  What a fun Day!
The Baptism was so wonderful.  Everything went flawlessly.  What a blessing it was for Dave to be able to Baptize and Confirm Neelam.  Her Husband and Daughters were there.  The spirit was strong and the girls asked many questions.  Billy was touched and was tearful as the speakers spoke and as Neelam bore testomony.   Neelam's Testimony was strong.  She is strong in her conversion and feels strongly that someday either all or part of her family will join her in Baptism.  How grateful Dave and I are that we could be a part of this beautiful occasion.  We love Neelam like a Daughter and pray that the Lord will continue to bless her and her family because of her decision to be Baptized.
Just a little side story.  Neelam has been waiting since the missionaries taught her about tithing to pay her first tithing donation to the Bishop.  She brought her tithing for the entire month of May and proudly handed it over to our Bishop.  What a Special Daughter of our Heavenly Father she is.                                                                                                                   Neelam's Family following the Baptism

No comments: